Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Skincare Quickie: Have you seen this?


Whilst browsing beauty blogs and youtube videos, I've come across a few that, believe it or not, recommend using non-toxic school glue as a substitute for Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. I'm a home school mom (who always has a supply of school glue on hand) and extremely budget-conscious, so dubious as I was, I decided to give it a go!

And you know what? It didn't even work. At all. I spread a relatively thin layer of school glue on my nose, waited until it dried, and then peeled it off. I have to admit that the peeling part was fun...like peeling a sunburn, but other than that, it was a complete waste of time. It did tingle/burn a bit while I was waiting for it to dry, and since no actual pore cleansing seemed to take place (according to the lack of evidence on the "strip" after it was peeled), I'm a bit apprehensive as to what, if any, effects or irritation may show up on my skin later.

School glue on my face? Yes, I went there. And now, you don't have to!




(Ok, I could not resist posting a pic of Miss Lippy. If you haven't seen Billy Madison, then never mind... :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment